One Day Your Life Will Flash Before your Eyes Make Sure It’s Worth Watching
Not to be too morbid, but there’s one thing for sure, we’re all going to die one day.
We’ve all heard it said a thousand times, that “your life flashes before you eyes when you die”. But what if this is true? What if you do see a quick summary of your life, just as the lights to this world turn off, and you head off wherever it is that you go next. What if you do then spend another lifetime having the ability to reflect on what you manged to achieve here on earth.
Are you going to be happy with what your replay shows?
Work Hard Play Hard
I work pretty hard, but I try to be mindful of living my life, as well as building for the future. I also try to travel quite a lot, and to see as much of the world, and immerse myself in as much cultural learning as possible. However, I know that I could do more.
Life is a gift
In my eyes, it’s not just about filling your life with cool stuff and brilliant experiences! It’s about progressing as a person, helping society to push forward, helping those in need, ensuring that you never stop learning, treating every single day as a gift, and teaching the next generation to treasure life in exactly the same way!
Life is an amazing thing. And I think that far too many of us treat life with no respect by not trying to make the very most of what is in reality, a very short time that we have here. We spend hours on end sat in front of a box that lights up, watching other people live their lives, when there is a whole world out there to go an experience. Or we spend our lives unhappy, and dreaming that things could be different, wishing that we could live life a different way.
Watch the replay
When your life flashes before your eyes, and you get a 60 second replay, is that the highlights that you want to see?
Anyway, enough of the negativity, here’s my happy finale!
When you break it down, life it pretty easy. So here are the things that I have learnt over the years, and that I have done to get my life exactly how I want it:
- Accept my now as my now. Stop worrying about now and use that time to think about the future.
- Write down my goals and my plan to get there. That motivation keeps me pumped up and enthused for life.
- Take action. There is something really satisfying about getting stuff done, and it’s great to know that I’m on track.
- Think of some things that make me happy. And do more of them. It’s amazing how much we neglect to actually think about what makes us happy. You may be surprised about what comes to mind.
- Turn off the TV. It’s sapping the life right out of us. Spend time with friends and family, go to the park, do some exercise, build a business. it’s amazing how awesome life looks when you’re not watching someone else’s life.
- Try to give something back to the world. Trying to make other people’s life a little bit better feels amazing. It’s great for them, and it’s great for the soul! Plus the universe will repay generously further down the line.
- Be nice to people. Not much explanation needed here.
- And this is the important one. Lighten up. No one likes a negative hippo other than other negative hippos. And who wants to be the misery guts when we watch our life back. Try to smile a little bit more, try to always give a positive response (not too negative doesn’t count as positive) when someone asks how I am, and see if I can always leave someone feeling better than when I found them.
Thanks for reading
Please feel free to contact me, comment, like, and share. Especially like and share 🙂
Please like my Social Media Pages to get updates.
I must say, because of all the awesome value that everyone is putting out there on the internet, it is getting harder and harder for personal development bloggers to make this list.